Tuesday 28 February 2012

Moodboards

Last week I created a couple of moodboards that displayed some of the themes I want in my design.

The first one is the bee, to me the bee is the ultimate symbol of sustainable living, they are at one with nature and live in a state of mutualism with their environment which means that they depend on the plants they feed on as much as the plants depend on them to survive. It would be great if humans could coexist with nature in this way.



I really like the look of the honeycomb too, there's just something about the hexagon shapes that's appealing to me. I might try to explore that further when it comes to the packaging design later.

The other theme I wanted to explore was of the sustenance provided by a mother to her child. After reading the brief, one of the first things I imagined was a mother cradling and nurturing her child. I tried to capture what I was thinking of with this moodboard but I think it would be much too difficult to portray breastfeeding in a way that's suitable for family friendly packaging without doing it in a really abstract, stylized way, and i just don't have the artistic skills to pull that off.

Back to the Drawing board.


No comments:

Post a Comment