Tuesday 28 February 2012

First Attempts

Coming up with good logo concepts is proving to be heaps harder than I anticipated. I always knew I was going to find this unit pretty hard as I don't think that logo's are really my thing, but trying to come up with something that represents healthy food, environmental responsibility and an Australian identity is a bit of a nightmare really. It's really hard not to fall into using cliches, especially when trying to make it look Australian. As tempting as it may be to use a Kangaroo, Southern Cross or Australian flag in my design, there is no way I'm going to resort to that. Nope.

I played with the idea of gumnuts for a while and was pretty stoked with how they looked at first but then when I came back the next day I thought they looked like rubbish. Probably a very obvious solution too.

Some early mockups of sketches I had done. I wanted to do something with Wattle at first  then switched to gumnuts.


Playing with my nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment